Jargon-free simple GDPR Guidance and Support
You probably don’t know me and so you won’t be sure if I really can help or if you’d like to work with me…
Start with my Jargon-free GDPR Facebook Group – pop into my free Workshop on the first Wednesday of each month at 11 am or post a question there. I guarantee there is no judgement and you will find a community of supportive business owners just like you, including having a lot of the same problems.
Jargon-free GDPR is all about simplifying and making things clear – you don’t need to have expensive systems, software and time-consuming procedures to get things right. You need simple steps, baked-in processes and an understanding of how to meet the requirements of the regulations without taking up lots of time, money and resources. Jargon-free GDPR Guidance and Support – that meets your business’s needs.
- You can get answers to your GDPR problems.
- You won’t need to study the legislation(!).
- You will have access to guidance and training that is specifically designed for owners of a small online business.
- You can have access to an experienced data protection professional without a high ongoing financial commitment.
- You will have CONTROL of your business GDPR responsibilities.
How’s your customer service?
But just trying to avoid making a mistake is a negative attitude to taking care of your customer’s and client’s personal data. A simple question; do you pride yourself on your customer service? Do you stand out from the crowd? Your GDPR control is part of your customer service and you should be able to add that as a positive to your brand.
GDPR is an issue for all businesses regardless of what your business does. If you have a state-of-the-art computer, a notebook or just an old filing cabinet you use to store information on your staff, customers, clients and suppliers, the regulations affect you, your business and your customers and clients.
How do you feel about GDPR and your business?
- Do you wonder if there is any easy-to-follow GDPR guidance out there?
- Do you worry about your business’s GDPR responsibilities and how to meet them?
- Do you know what they are? Do you think about GDPR at all (or could there be a little bit of ostrich behaviour going on)?
If any of those questions gave you a momentary pause, you aren’t alone. More than half of small UK businesses are not compliant according to various online sources – they are at risk! It isn’t the possibility or even the potential size of the fines that are the real cost of being reported and found to be at fault, it’s the terrible damage to your brand and your business’s reputation that is the biggest risk.
If that sounds like something that interests you, take a look at what we offer.
Indeed, we do mean free. As a Data Controller, which you are if it’s your business and you keep personal information in any sort of filing system, you are required to be aware of changes to regulations. Our Small Business Updates can help with that. We pull together important changes into an easy to read (short and sweet) email that is usually sent out once a month. But, if something major comes up that you should know about for your business we will make sure you are kept in the loop.
Join our Jargon-free GDPR Facebook group, ask questions, get answers and share great ideas with fellow business owners in a safe forum. See how others have tried and tested solutions that could work for you. We are there to throw in guidance on the requirements of regulations and legislation to point you in the right direction. There is a Jargon-free GDPR Workshop on the first Wednesday of each month to look at subjects that you need to be aware of for your businesses. And the Group is full of helpful nuggets of practical information, micro-training and (best of all) a community of supportive business owners just like you!
Paid Services and Programmes
Our paid services are for those times (and people) who want more specific guidance in a structured way. We are building a library of materials to help you get and keep your GDPR responsibilities understood and under control. Our training products and programmes range from:
- Bite-sized video modules.
- Micro-trainings and more in-depth live or recorded sessions.
- Courses on e.g. how to create your own documents, that will walk you through the relevant processes.
- A Step-by-Step GDPR* programme that will take you from nowhere to your ideal GDPR destination.
Our resources are a work in progress, with new material being regularly added. We will create new products that we know are needed – as a part of our free group or as a paid product or programme. Tell us what would serve you best.
Step-by-Step GDPR programme –
I run this 2 times a year. It gives you a structured and stress-free way to move your business towards compliance. You’ll use your tools and preferred processes and then you’ll keep things ticking over with ease. Each Programme is based on the latest best practices and feedback from previous participants.
The Waiting List for the next intake in January 2022 is open…
The programme runs over a period of 12 months and is supported by access to our Step By Step GDPR Facebook group.
- Easy to understand (jargon-free).
- Manageable for someone who does (just about) everything for their business.
- You get Step by Step improvement to your business (hence the name!).
- You just use your own existing/preferred methods, tools, software and platforms or if they just won’t cut it, easy to use low-cost alternatives (you choose).
- You will reach a point at which you can decide you are ready to take things forward on your own.
- It’s Affordable with a choice of payment plans, including a monthly subscription option you can cancel at any time.
GDPR consultancy services
Take a look here for information on the types of consultancy services we can provide.
Contact us using our online chat. We can help you so you can concentrate on your business!